Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tried Something New. 5 Hour Energy.


Who new what powers of hyper kinetic jitteriness could be packed into a 2oz bottle.

This was exactly the wrong thing to have 2 hours before the nightly ACF ride. After the late night last night I decided I needed a pick-me-up to make it through the last few hours of work. My wife is a Red Bull junkie and I hate that metallic taste, so I rolled the dice and gambled on that wee innocent looking bottle.

That racy, itchy feeling of all that niacin buzzing through me. Not the right recipe for a soothing chariot ride home.

The wacky back story to this legal crystal meth in a bottle is that; the guy I bought my KTM dirt bike from is a senior VP for the company that makes the stuff, it's located 10 miles from my house in NJ. I've gone on a few rides with him an he's always handing the stuff out, but I never tried it.

Twitching and tweaking the whole ride home.

No comments: